Recommended Hotels: Prarie Hotel and La Quinta
Reserved blocks of “Dog Rooms” for the Nationals Race Meet in two hotels. 15 rooms at Prairie Hotel in Yelm, Washington and 20 rooms at La Quinta in Lacey, Washington.
Block reservation dates: Check In (3:00 PM)- Thursday, September 2nd, and Check Out – Monday, September 6th. Upon making reservations, confirm your exact length of stay and ask for one of the “2021 Whippet Nationals” reserved rooms.
12 miles, 17 minutes from the field
700 Prairie Park Lane
Yelm, Washington 98597
- 15-20 minutes from field
- Very nice facility, dog potty area (they love whippets here!)
- 13 Dog Rooms have been reserved under the name “2021 Whippet Nationals”
- Reserved rooms are a combination of King rooms and 2 bed Queen rooms
- $145 – Friday and Saturday, $130 Thursday and Sunday + tax
- Pet Policy: Dogs only, $20+ tax per dog per night, maximum 2 dogs per room
- Unreserved rooms will be released August 5th (this is a popular place the rooms fill up)
- Cancellation policy for reserved rooms: may cancel without penalty up to 3pm 24 hours prior to your reserved check in date
- Angie is the hotel manager/contact
La Quinta Inn® by Wyndham Olympia – Lacey
4704 Park Center Avenue, NE Lacey – 30 miles, 42 minutes from the field
(Off I-5 outside of Olympia, near the Washington State Capitol)
- 30 miles from field, 35-45 min drive depending on time of day
- Free Wi-Fi, grab and go breakfast (there is a pool but not likely open due to Covid)
- 10 dog rooms have been reserved, all 2 Queen Beds, $93/room + tax, group rate applied – ask for “Whippet Nationals 2021”
- Pet Policy : Onetime fee for entire stay- 1st dog is free, 2nd dog is $20, 3rd dog is another $20, more than 3 dogs – no extra fees, most paid for all dogs in one room is $40
- Unreserved rooms will be released August 19.
- Cancellation policy for reserved rooms: May cancel without penalty up to 6pm on your day of arrival.
- Last minute reservation requests accepted
- Breakfast included free high-speed WiFi, an indoor pool
- Tracey is the hotel manager/contact
Organizer contact: Kendra Tripp
RV and Camping will be allowed for a total weekend fee of $25 (Thursday to Monday) or $10/day. Unfortunately, there is no power available. You may use generators but we ask that you don’t use them between the hours of 10pm and 7am.
Camping Coordinator: Don Cranshaw